Monday, November 10, 2008

Tree top adventures


Today we decided to be very adventurous and tried out the Tree Top Adventure Park, also known as the most terrifying experience of my life.


Joel and I, before we realised what a horrific experience it would be!

We spent three hours doing the 33 'challenges' that were 40metres above the ground, in the jungle. These consisted of Tarzan-style swings, rope ladders, zip lines, tight ropes, flying skateboards and other terrifying challenges. And unfortunately once we started there was no going back! I spent a lot of the time in a state of panic, sweating with pure fear. I did enjoy some of it, like the 30metre high, 150 meter long zip line. We went so fast on it, it was really good fun! It was actually physical difficult too, because we ahd to pull ourselves up ropes and balance along wires, we were relying on our own strength not to fall and die! It was a good work out!(and I definately deserve a beer now).

However, I lost my shoe within the first ten minutes so had to do the rest of the 'adventure' with only one shoe. It was pretty painful and really difficult. I couldn't get many photographs as I was too busy having a panic attack and terrified of letting go of the ropes and wires.

It was definately the scariest thing I've ever done and I can't say I'm pleased I did it, but I am so proud of myself for completing it (without crying or suffering from a serious injury).

xxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crickey Laura - I'm a celebrity get me out of here!!!

I hope it wasn't one of your best shoes that you lost!! I know how you feel about your shoes - still can go and buy new ones now.

You would never get me up there - very brave.

Keep your feet on solid gound I think.

Take Care Love Mum xx

Anonymous said...

hi,

sounds like you are having a great time, Charlie loves the puppy and wants you to bring it home, please dont. the mud sliding sounds brill, would have loved to do that.
p.s you are looking great.

all our love, the Gossys. xxxxxx