Friday, November 7, 2008

Bangkok...again


I had an awesome last couple of days in Vang Vieng. We went tubing again, which was even messier than the first time! The rain was terrible, but that didn't stop us! I am completely covered in bruises from jumping of high swings and slides, the entire backs of my legs are blue. But it was worth it.



I left Chris and Alastair yesterday and set off on my 22hour journey down to Bangkok by bus and overnight train. The bus journeys were horrible, long and very hot! I was looking forward to getting on the sleeper train to lie down, take a sleeping tablet and sleep for the whole 14hours. I was not happy to find that I had to share my bed with cockroaches! I had no sleep!

I was so glad to make it Bangkok, especially when I saw all the seven elevens and fast food places! The first thing I did was buy some Cadbury's chocolate, it's been 6weeks since I had any.
I made my way to Joel's hotel. Seeing as he was the first one here, he got to choose the hotel so we are staying in Hotel Expensiveo. But its nice and clean and we have a rooftop pool. We spent the day at the MBK shopping mall. We treated ourselves to a big fat Macdonalds (it's been 6weeks since we've seen one so we were very excited). I think we ordered everything on the menu between the two of us! Then we watched the new Bond film, which is wicked.

We're off to meet Sarah in Koh Chang tomorrow. It'll be nice to get back to Lonely beach, although it will be weird without the HK lot, little Marriott and Mcegan with me.
xxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a lovely time in Ko Chang! I can't believe you had to share you bed with Cockroaches..You poor thing!

Anonymous said...

Insects in your bed Laura, takes me back to the holiday in Majorca when you were young (reminising now!) when you woke up in the middle of the night covered in ants, which had managed to find their way in through a gap in the door. Still it seems you are coping a little better now with stuff like that; not Steve Irwin standard but probably less screams these days??!

Hope you have a nice time and take care.

Love Mum xx