Saturday, November 8, 2008

Koh Chang



Joel and I left Bangkok and made our way to Koh Chang early this morning. After a 5hour bus journey and ferry ride, I was feeling a bit travel sick (no it wasn't a hangover!). On our final 30minute journey in a tuk tuk, I was very sick! Joel was far from helpful, he just turned away and looked out of the window as did everyone else in the tuk-tuk. Not one person even offered me water, a tissue or even asked if I was okay!! Selfish!! I really missed Nurse Nikki. Anyway, we finally made it to Lonely Beach on Koh Chang. It's been 18months since my first visit to Lonely Beach and I can't believe how much it has changed. There used to be only a couple of bars and resturants and a few places to stay, now there are lots of funky bars and beach huts everywhere. it's very strange being here again now that its all changed. It still has the same chilled out atmosphere and is full of hippies but it is a bit busier. It's good to be back though, but a little weird being here without everyone else.
Joel and I walked down to the Treehouse, a bar where we spent most of ourtime last time I was here and then had a walk along the lovely beach. It's a bit cloudy today but hopefully it'll brighten up so I can get some tanning time in tomorrow. Sarah is around here somewhere, so we'll be out tonight to find her (probably in the Treehouse with a bucket or two).
xxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

More bars - excellent. Have fun in the Treehouse! Don't go on any rip off boat trips

Rosie x x x