Thursday, October 30, 2008

Vang Veing


Joel, Kristine and I booked ourselves on a 7am bus to Vang Vieng for this morning, so we met up with Alex and Karl in Lao Lao bar for some farewell drinks. Joel and Kristine were very sensible and were back in bed by midnight to have a good rest before the 9hour journey. I decided to stay out and work my way through the Lao Lao whiskey cocktail list!


At 6.35am, I thought I should stop drinking and make my way home, seeing as I hadn't packed my bag and was leaving on a bus 25minutes later. When I got back to the hotel Joel was all ready to go, flapping about because I wasn't ready. As usual all my belongings were scattered around the room, Joel called it 'the room of devestation', (a pretty acurate description). I quickly shoved everything into my bag and got dressed. My backpack was ridiculously huge and heavy and I still had to carry plastic bags full of clothes as I had no room in my backpack due to all the shopping i'd done. But I still managed to get on the bus in time.

Nine hours later, we arrived in Vang Vieng, which is a small town surrounded by moutains and filled with little resturants and chilled out bars, all of which are constantly showing 'Friends'. Everyone comes here to go tubing and kayaking along the Mekong, which I can't wait to do! Alastair and Chris are meeting us here tomorrow, I'm looking forward to seeing them again and can't wait for us all to go tubing together.


No comments: