Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Luang Prabang Waterfalls

Joel and I had another early start this morning to meet Kristine for breakfast in the Swedish bakery, (i am going to get so fat if i keep eating cakes for breakfast!) It was a gorgeous sunny day so we decided to go to the waterfalls. As usual in order to get there we had to do an Indiana Jones style jungle walk, over rickety bamboo bridges and rivers. The were lots of ugly insects, huge spiders and lizards on the walk, Joel was very scared but I think I'm getting used to the jungle now...finally! There were lots of smaller waterfalls on the way which were very pretty.

To get to the main waterfall, Tad Sae, we had to get a little wooden boat along the river. It was right in the middle of the jungle and was absolute paradise. It was a huge multitiered waterfall with lots of small turquiose pools to swim in. The trees were growing in the waterfalls, it was unbelievable (You can't really see how amazing it was from the photos). Of all the waterfalls that I have seen on this trip this was definately the most impressive (sorry to say it Nikki, but it really is).






Best of all, we had the whole place to ourselves so we had lots of time to swim about and play in the beautiful clear blue pools.




It was one of my most favourite places that Ive been to on my travels and itis an absolute must for people travelling to Laos!!

I'm off to Lao Lao bar now for some post-swimming beers. I was very adventurous last night and had a water buffalo burger! It was surprisingly very yummy, so maybe I'll have another one with my beer.


xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bloody hell out of all the waterfalls we've seen, i miss the best one!! Looks fab! Remmeber that this is one of your favourite days because everyone will be asking you when you gt back! xxx

Anonymous said...

Bring back nikki to save laura from her money spending!! - I swear Laura you will spend as much money in 3 weeks as you have spent in the last 3 months!

The waterfalls look fantastic, great photos.

See you soon (glad to be saying that)!!

Love Mum xx